Electric Rain has released a new version of Swift 3D, bringing it to version 2.0. Swift 3D is a 3D rendering app for use with Flash and Illustrator, or as a standalone app. The new version has several improved rendering capabilities and new features. According to Electric Rain:
Today Electric Rain, Inc.(R) announced the release of Swift 3D(R) version 2.0, a standalone application allowing users to design and render 3D scenes to the Macromedia(R) Flash(TM)(SWF) file format, as well as Adobe(R) Illustrator(R) (AI), EPS, and the latest XML-based SVG.
New Swift 3D V2 Modeling Features:
- Extrusion and Lathe Editors
- PostScript font support
- Targeted cameras and lights
- Extended primitive selection
- Automated timeline scaling
- Non-uniform scaling of objects
- Numerical positioning of objects
- Ability to animate materials
Swift 3D V2 is powered by the RAViX II(TM) rendering engine. This
second-generation technology offers the fastest and most versatile
3D-to-vector conversion available.
New Swift 3D V2 Rendering Capabilities:
- Two, four, and full color cartoon fills extend the list of shading options
- Shadow rendering allows for self, plane and object shadow casting
- Specular highlights that add realism to cartoon fills and gradients
- Line weight, color and detail settings for full control over wireframe output
- Up to 50 times faster rendering while handling 250,000+ polygon models
- Previewing system to view and edit rendered scenes before writing a file
You can find more information about the new version of Swift 3D at the Electric Rain Web site. Swift 3D 2.0 is available for US$159.00.