Nitro AV announced its PCIe (PCI Express) eSATA professional host adapter, the SATAStar, for PowerMac G5 and Mac Pro on Monday. The card delivers 3 Gbps and can be configured for RAID or non-RAID use.
The 3-Port PCIe SATAStar is based on Silicon Images (SiI) 3132 chipset with drivers available for the Apple Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Linux and Novell Netware operating systems.
The high bandwidth card can be used for hard disk storage or serious digital AV applications.
Some of the features include:
- Use as a non-RAID or RAID controller. Create RAID 0 or 1 using the MacOSX Disk Utility.
- PCI-Express BUS (1x Single lane)
- Fully compliant with SATA II and SATA 1.0 standard
- Supports two simultaneous active ports
- Compatible with MacPro, Mac OS X 10.4.x
- Upgradeable firmware
- eSATA connector for more secure connection, reliability and supports up to 2 meters cable length
The eSATA, SATAStar, Host Adapter is immediately available. It is priced at US$59.95.