Pocket Software has released a beta version of PocketBackup, bringing it to version 1.0beta1. PocketBackup is a a personal backup utility designed for critical file storage. The beta version features a three step process and saves backups as disk images. According to Pocket Software:
PocketBackup 1.0beta1 has been released and is available for download. This is a beta release and some features are currently not enabled. PocketBackup is an easy to use, reliable, and affordable personal backup system. PocketBackup has the following features:
- Simple three step backup process. One, select files to backup. Two, select a backup destination drive. Three, click on the "Backup" button
- Backups are saved to Mac standard disk images (dmg) or burned to standard CDs
- Encrypted backups (not yet implemented)
- Timed backups (not yet implemented)
- Records and tracks previously made backups
You can find more information about the beta version of PocketBackup at the Pocket software Web site. PersonalBackup is available for US$20.00.