One of the new features in Mac OS X 10.1 can be found in Print Center. Print Center is the Mac OS X printer management software that replaces Classic Mac OSis Chooser and Print Manager. The new feature is a dock icon that provides status indicators within the dock similar to Appleis Mail application. While printing a document on a supported printer, the icon places the number of pages remaining to be printed on the top sheet of paper in the paper tray (located at the top of the icon). As the page prints, the page in the dock icon gradually moves through the printer and looks as if text is printed upon it as it appears in the output tray. Each page proceeds through the printer in this way, with the page numbers counting down until the print job reaches the last page. After completion, the icon returns to normal.
Recent News See All »
- Apple's Siri Speaker Might Look Like a Miniature Mac Pro
- You Can Now Delete Uber Account Data Straight From The App
- DOK Malware Signed by Valid Developer Certificate (for Now)
- Apple Escalates Royalty Battle with Qualcomm, Suspends Payments
- Jimmy Iovine Wants Apple Music to Be a Movement in Pop Culture
Recent Tips See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Certain iPhone News Contributors Need to get Their Rumors and Facts Straight
- Facebook, By Its Very Design, Cannot Avert the Tragedies it Creates
- Apple is Converting Mac Pro From a Fad to a Monster Graphics Platform
- Apple's Wireless Charging Could Use Your Wi-Fi Router in a New Way
- Blasts from the Past: Classic Mac Apps
© The Mac Observer, Inc. -- All rights reserved. All information presented on this site is copyrighted by The Mac Observer, Inc. except where otherwise noted. No portion of this site may be copied without express written consent. Other sites are invited to link to any aspect of this site provided that all content is presented in its original form and is not placed within another frame. The Mac Observer is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc.