Prosoft Engineering has released an update for NetWare Client, bringing it to version 1.2.1. NetWare Client is a utility designed for the communication between a Mac and a Novell Network. The update features enhanced security and larger file size support. According to Prosoft Engineering:
Prosoft Engineering announces the release of the latest version of NetWare Client for Mac OS X.
NetWare® Client for Mac® OS X - IP Edition allows users to authenticate and use NetWare natively using the IP protocol. Built completely from the ground up, this OS X Native client allows your Mac to communicate on your Novell Network with Pure IP eliminating the need to propagate AppleTalk® on your local area network.
Netware Client for Mac OS X from Prosoft Engineering just got easier, faster and more reliable and now includes better integration with Panther...The new version adds these new features:
- Support for files larger than 4gb on servers that are running NetWare 6 SP3 or later (NSS volumes only)
- NCP packet signing for enhanced security
- Directory mount-root support (allows a sub-directory on a volume to be mounted as if it were the root of the volume on the client)
- Filesystem ACL support (for viewing trustee rights)
- Better file system integration with Mac OS X kernel
- Background SLP resolution and less memory usage allows for much improved application response times
You can find more information about the NetWare Client update at the Prosoft Engineering Web site. NetWare Client is available starting at US$149.00.