MacInstall version 1.1 is now available. MacInstall is a new Mac software installer made by a ShareWare author specifically for the needs of ShareWare Authors. MacInstall cost is $20 per user.
New in this release:
- Fixed from v1.0.1; you can no longer open the same installer more than once.
- Save menu item can save an installer without closing its window.
- Enhanced memory management including low memory warnings to prevent crashing MacInstall Editor.
- Enhanced error reporting for various critical situations such as locked disks or installers.
- Enhanced display of Installer Items to clearly identify folders from files.
- Added a new option to retain pre-existing folders and their contents during installation. This allows you to easily add new items to an exiting folder for your software on a useris computer.
- Added a new Action "Locate custom folder" to install to software-defined folders within the System or root folders.
MacInstall Editor requires Mac OS 8.5 or newer. MacInstall installers can run on any Mac with System 7.5 or newer.
In preparation for Mac OS X Beta there is also a separate version of MacInstall Editor that is fully Carbonized and runs on Mac OS X DP4 or newer or with CarbonLib v1.0.4 on Classic Mac OS. MacInstall installers are not Carbonized yet and are designed for Classic Mac OS only at this time.
You can find more information and download links at the companyis Web site.