Excel Software announced on Wednesday the immediate availability of QuickUML 3.0. This version is a Universal Application and adds new diagram presentation features, code generators, integrated help system, printed and PDF manual.
QuickUML, used by database developers to model their relational database structures, supports commonly used features of the Unified Modeling Language (UML):
- Use Case Descriptions Linked to Models, Code and Foreign Documents
- Class and Package Diagrams with Rich Presentation Options
- Sequence Diagrams to Model Object Interactions
- Diagram Navigation, Printing, Leveling, Validation and Image File Export
- Dictionary with Design Namespaces, Stereotypes, Text Import and Export
- One-Click Code Generation for C++, Java, Delphi, Objective-C or PHP
- Code Editor with File Management Linked to Models, Dictionary and Use Cases
- Class Models from Code with MacTranslator or WinTranslator Tools
QuickUML 3.0 adds new PHP code generation plus enhanced customization of code generated for other programming languages, according to the company. New presentation features allow attributes, operations, properties and events to be defined for each class and presented on diagrams with customized color, access, data type and visibility options.
QuickUML 3.0 is also available for Windows 98 through Vista. The Mac version requires Mac OS X 10.1 or later. A single user license is priced at $295.00.