Screen Catcher 2.1 is giving users the power to automate screen captures on their Macs. When combined with Screen Catcheris Catch-All feature, which auto-scrolls to capture entire documents, users can easily streamline many repetitive and "remote control" tasks. As always, Screen Catcheris built-in resizing, color reduction, and printing capabilities offer the flexibility to meet the needs of even the most demanding power-users.
Screen Catcher 2.1 includes the following enhancements
- Screen Catcher is scriptable.
- Online help is now available via the Help menu.
- Filename extensions can be turned on and off in the Save dialog.
- Menus from Control Strip modules can now be captured.
- Capturing menus when Screen Catcher is not running is more reliable.
- A conflict with Kensington Startup has been resolved.
- Decompression and quantization of grayscale JPEG images has been fixed.
- Catch-All no longer disables the Control Strip hotkey when the Control Strip is hidden.
- Video mirroring no longer freezes Screen Catcher or causes it to behave strangely.
- Captures taken in "millions of colors" are no longer incorrectly quantized down to 256 colors.
About Screen Catcher
Screen Catcher is a screen capture application capable of taking snapshots of screen images and saving them as PICT, GIF, or JPEG files. It also allows images to be captured to the clipboard, the printer, or to Screen Catcheris own windows, where they can manipulated to change the color palette or reduce the number of colors in the image before copying, printing, or saving.
Screen Catcher is available for US$25 and there is a free 30 day trial period. You can find more informationat the St. Clair Software web site.