MCF Software has released an update for SimpleText Filter, bringing it to version 1.4. SimpleText Filter is an email utility designed for content search filtering within Eudora Internet Mail Servers. The update ships with several performance enhancements and bug fixes. According to MCF Software:
MCF Software today announced the release of the SimpleText Filter for EIMS version 1.4.
The SimpleText Filter for Eudora Internet Mail Server is a simple, yet flexible, content search filter. It allows you to specify different types of rules, allowing for stopping of spam and objectionable content at the server instead of at the email client.
SimpleText Filter for Eudora Internet Mail Server version 1.4 changes:
- Added a new virus whitelist type izi. If you have a z entry in the whitelist file, then the sender that matches that rule will not be checked against any rules, including virus rules. This works similar to the v entry for recipients
- Added a iwi modifier for headers. When used it will make the rule a whitelist rule. This allows you to create rules to whitelist messages
- Added a ihi modifier. When used, it will cause STF to ignore anything between <> in a message, including the <>
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the filter from yielding time to other threads when doing a large number of body rules
- Changed the require header modifier from ! to r to avoid confusion with the ! for debug mode. ! will be support for some time, but a warning will be placed in the log file about the usage of the obsolete modifier
- Fixed the require header modifier so that it will reject messages if the rule is not in debug mode. Up to now, any rule using the require header modifier would always be in debug mode
- Added some checks to ensure that modifiers that apply only to headers are used only in header rules. In particular the require header and the = modifiers can only be applied to header rules
- Added a new pref, NoStartupDetails, which will supress the logging of whitelist and DNS Exclusion details
- Increased the number of MIME levels from 10 to 15
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when adding new header rules
You can find more information about the SimpleText Filter update at the MCF Software Web site. SimpleText Filter 1.4 is available for US$75.00.