Streambox has announced the upcoming demonstration of Streambox Portable DNG at this yearis NAB Conference in Las Vegas. Streambox Portable DNG is a digital news gathering system designed for on site video broadcasting. The system features support for real-time compression of 30fps video footage on a PowerBook G4 and live DV video capturing. According to Streambox:
The leader in video compression and real-time video solutions for TV Broadcasters will demonstrate the most advanced portable digital news gathering (DNG) system for field news crews at the National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas.
Streambox Portable DNG solutions consist of two primary applications for newsgathering, a real-time encoding and transport application for live video delivery and ACT-L3 QuickTime codec for off-line store and forward encoding. The QuickTime component allows seamless integration with existing NLE packages and output devices.
The key features of the Streambox ACT-L3 Portable Video Transport System are:
- Real-time compression of 1/2 D1 (352x480i) interlaced video 30 fps on a PowerBook G4 with a 1.25 Ghz CPU or higher. The system supports full D1 resolution at 15 fps and higher
- The ACT-L3 Codec produces high quality video transmissions at data rates as low as 64 kbps and higher over IP, sat-phones, 802.11 and 3G wireless networks. Optimal full resolution broadcast quality is available with IP satellite systems or land-based DSL lines
- Live DV Video capture from camera via Firewire input
- Works seamlessly with existing NLE editing software such as Appleis Final Cut Pro
- Advanced Forward Error Correction technology recovers and cancels packet loss and overcomes jitter and buffering
- Bandwidth shaping technology controls and prevents video overflow at satellites, routers and network switches for smooth video delivery
You can find more information about Streambox Portable DNG at the Streambox Web site. Streambox Portable DNG will ship in April, pricing information available by contacting the Streambox sales team.