Troi Automatisering has released a new beta version and an update for Troi File Plug-in, bringing it to version 2.8 and 3.0 beta version 1 repectively. Troi File Plug-in is a Filemaker Pro plug-in designed for accessing information outside the FMP database. The beta release features FileMaker 7 API plug-in support, the 2.8 update features OS X folder launching. According to Troi Automatisering:
Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of the first public beta version of Troi File Plug-in 3.0, for FileMaker Pro 7. Troi File Plug-in 3.0b1 makes use of the new extended plug-in API of FileMaker 7. Calls to the plug-inis functions can now support Unicode and more and bigger parameters.
At the same time Troi is releasing Troi File Plug-in 2.8. This version makes use of the iclassici plug-in API. Users that upgrade to FileMaker 7 but donit yet want to rewrite their scripts calling the File Plug-in functions can use this version. The 2.8 version also runs on FileMaker 6 and 5.x.
Troi File Plug-in 3.0b1 has these improvements:
- Converted to the new External Function API of FileMaker Pro 7
- The plug-in functions now have a size limit of 1 Gb per parameter (up from the total of 64000 character limit for all parameters in FileMaker 6!)
- Each function now supports Unicode characters
Troi File Plug-in 2.8 has these improvements:
- Added possibility to launch folders on Mac OS X
- Changed the function TrFile-FindFolder with the "-Root" switch to return the top folder on the startup disk (for example "Mac HD:") and no longer the System folder on the startup disk (for example "Mac HD:System:") on Mac OS X
- Changed the error codes returned by several functions to more descriptive codes
- Improved the ListFolder function on Windows to no longer need a backslash at the end
- Improved example Import1Image.fp5
- Added the forgotten Overview.fp5 file to the Windows download
- And a few bug fixes
You can find more information about the Troi File Plug-in at the Troi Automatisering Web site. Troi File Plug-in 2.7 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$54.00. The 3.0 beta release is available free during the testing period.