Troi Automatisering has released new versions of Troi Text Plug-in for FileMaker 6 and 7, bringing them to version 2.7 and 2.1.6. Troi Text Plug-in is a plug-in designed for manipulating text within FileMaker Pro databases. The latest release feature support for FileMaker Pro version 7 including Unicode support. According to Troi Automatisering:
Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of its Troi Text Plug-in 2.7, for FileMaker Pro 7. Troi Text Plug-in 2.7 is the first third party plug-in to make use of the new extended plug-in API of FileMaker 7. Calls to the plug-inis functions can now support Unicode and more parameters.
At the same time Troi is releasing Troi Text Plug-in 2.1.6. This version makes use of the iclassici plug-in API. Users that upgrade to FileMaker 7 but donit want to rewrite their scripts calling the Text Plug-in functions can use this version. The 2.1.6 version also runs on FileMaker 6 and 5.x.
Troi Text Plug-in 2.7 has these improvements:
- Converted to the new External Function API of FileMaker Pro 7
- Each function can now handle longer texts than the previous limit of 64000
- Each function now supports Unicode characters
- (Mac) Registration now also works if the registration file has a ".txt" extension at the end
- New and updated example databases, which illustrate the use of each of the functions
- Updated user guide and function overview
You can find more information about the latest Troi Text Plug-in releases at the Troi Automatisering Web site. Troi Text Plug-in updates are free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$39.00.