Bare Bones Software today announced the release and immediate availability of "Super Get Info", a new utility for Mac OS X. Super Get Info supplements the "Show Info" command provided by the Mac OS X Finder, and makes it possible for users to:
- View and edit the Mac OS type and creator codes for a given file;
- View and edit the Unix owner, group, and permission settings for files and folders;
- Modify a fileis creation and modification dates;
- Copy a fileis full path name, via the Clipboard, as well as via drag-and-drop;
- Open one information window for each selected Finder item, so that multiple selected items can be viewed and edited discretely.
"With the release of BBEdit for Mac OS X, we led the way in building a bridge between the power of Unix and the accessibility of the Mac OS," said Rich Siegel, the founder, president and CEO of Bare Bones Software. "Super Get Info continues that work, by making the basic properties of files and folders accessible without requiring users to resort to the Unix command line."
Super Get Info is available for US$20. You can find more information at the Bare Bones Software Web site.