WiebeTech LLC is now shipping the NoteBook DriveDock for Mac users. The NoteBook DriveDock is a bridge designed for connecting a notebook hard drive to a users system via an empty port. The NoteBook DriveDock features Firewire support for drives up to 60 GB and OS X compatability. According to WiebeTech LLC:
WiebeTech LLC announces today NoteBook DriveDock, which is a complete Firewire bridge interface attachable to any notebook drive.
FireWire NoteBook DriveDockis list of features includes the following:
- HIGH SPEED FIREWIRE BRIDGE. NoteBook DriveDock uses the industry standard Oxford Semiconductor 911 FireWire bridge for best performance
- BUS POWERED. NoteBook DriveDock takes all of its operating power from the FireWire bus. The high efficiency / high performance power regulator within NoteBook DriveDock is capable of supporting virtually every current production notebook drive
- SMALL SIZE AND BEAUTIFUL ENCLOSURE. NoteBook DriveDock is really small, containing all required electronics within an enclosure volume of only 2.4 cubic inches, measuring .62 x 1.40 x 2.73 inches. The enclosure is constructed of beautiful, rugged anodized aluminum which is CNC cut from solid bar stock. As a result, its styling is good looking and very distinctive
- SUPPORTS 2.5 INCH DRIVES TO 60GB. NoteBook DriveDock supports capacities to 60GB and beyond
- OS COMPATIBILITY. NoteBook DriveDock is plug and play under most popular operating systems, including Windows 98SE, ME, 2K, XP; also Mac OS 9.2 and OSX. Earlier versions of the Mac OS are easily supported through the use of optional third party drivers
You can find more information about the NoteBook DriveDock release at the WiebeTech LLC Web site. The NoteBook DriveDock is available for US$139.95.