Blizzard Entertainment updated the World of Warcraft client Tuesday to version 1.6.1. The update includes some minor fixes and changes in gameplay, including some specific bug fixes for Mac users. The release notes:
- Increased the maximum number of sounds which can be played simultaneously. This will fix problems where some sounds could be dropped in very busy situations.
- Fixed WoW Error Reporter so that it doesnit crash under Mac OS X 10.4 when trying to send an error report.
- Worked around an issue where you would lose your Expose/Dashboard preferences if you crashed or asserted while in fullscreen mode on Mac OS X 10.4.
- Fixed the "blockWidth", "srec", and "bitnum < m_numBits" assertions bugs that would crash the game.
- Fixed a bug involving corpses near the player that could result in a crash ("BusError").
- Spell casting is no longer interrupted when leaving combat.
- Improved Shield Block - Fixed a bug where Rank 3 of the talent was not granting the extra block.
- Bloodthirst - Damage bonus increased to 40% of attack power.
- The Oil of Immolation effect is no longer affected by bonuses to spell damage from items.
Raids & Dungeons
- Several encounters in Blackwing Lair now cause the front gate to close, preventing players from zoning out or joining an in-progress battle.
- The Razorgore encounter has been changed slightly to make it less "random". The spawning should be more consistent throughout the fight.
- The timer for Vaelastrasz the Corrupt is now more persistent. You can no longer reset the one-hour time limit for beating him by leaving the instance. Also, Vaelastrasz the Corrupt will not respawn for 12 hours if he has not been beaten when the timer expires.
- The drakes in Blackwing Lair will no longer leave the lab.
- Lowered experience values for Creeping Sludge.
As with all WoW patches, updating is handled within the game itself. The download is a bit larger than 5 megabytes.