Apple updated Logic Pro X to version 10.2.1 on Wednesday. The update includes a couple of new features, improvements to existing features, and a variety of bug fixes. Apple also noted a collection of 30 unspecified plug-ins that now have support for Retina displays, though the patch notes do not mention why all plugins didn't long ago get such support.
Apple's patch notes:
What's New in Version 10.2.1
- This update contains numerous fixes and enhancements including:
- New multi-threading feature improves performance when processing multiple live channels
- Faster playback responsiveness when previewing Apple Loops and performing region edits
- Flex Pitch editing can be performed within the Tracks area using a Piano Roll interface
- A collection of 30 plug-ins have been redesigned to add Retina support and improve usability
- Numerous improvements to Alchemy including Apple Loops support and 11 new spectral effects
- Improved reliability when downloading additional content
- Additional content can be downloaded directly from the Sound Library and Apple Loops browsers
- Drum Machine Designer supports drag and drop of multiple audio files
- The Step Editor can automatically create lanes to display all MIDI events in a region
- New export option allows you to to create stems from multiple selected tracks
- Improved VoiceOver support
The update is free and available now through the Mac App Store.