Circus Ponies released a new app on Wednesday called iTrash that gives Mac users more control over their OS X Trash. On the light side, the software includes 20 different animated icons for the trash can. On the more serious side, it offers users greater control over trash emptying functions, including a Force Empty menu option, an Auto-Empty function, and the ability to control where your Trash appears on your desktop.
iTrash features, according to Circus Ponies:
- Place the trash anywhere on your desktop and it will stay there
- Float the trash above or below document windows
- Set the trash’s appearance from over 20 iTrash characters, including Robot, Black Hole, Valley Girl, Surfer, Zombie, Chimp, Mac Classic Trash Can, Wizard, and more
- Secure Empty to securely delete sensitive documents
- Force Empty to override the Finder when it declares it won’t empty the trash
- Auto-Empty to automatically remove items that have been in the trash too long
- Eject mounted devices from a handy menu of mounted disks and .dmgs
Four of the animated trash icons: Black Hole, Bug Zapper, Recycler, Wizard
iTrash is priced at US$4.95, and works with Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion.