Anyone who uses a digital camera, or works with a variety of graphics formats will applaud the new media management software, iView MediaPro. MediaPro is an organizer and management system to find, view, play, print, and convert all the different type of media files on your computer. With its slideshow that can play music and have up to 16 photos or movies onscreen simultaneously, MediaPro is practical and fun. According to the company:
It offers a host of new features, some of which are outlined below:
- Mac OS 9 and OS X compatible.
- MediaPro is the only media browser capable of full PDF & EPS rendering. Other import formats include HTML, Quark, Canvas, Painter, Live Picture, Freehand, PageMaker, Illustrator, GIF, JPG, TIFF, PICT, GX, BMP, Targa, EPS, fonts, sounds, movies, QuickTime VR, animation, MPEG, PNG, Photoshop, MIDI, karaoke, Electric Image, Electronic Arts, CorelDraw, ClarisWorks, AppleWorks and many others.
- Creates catalogs with up to 32,000 files and an infinite number of catalogs. Find any file by multiple criteria in a catalog or across catalogs. Gigantic archives of images on or offline are now searchable. Find instantly which CD in your collection has that image you need. Never search for hours or lose an image again. Save Queries across catalogs.
- Advanced WYSIWIG printing, based on custom views and size templates.
- Fast "in-line" editing of standard annotation and user definable fields, keywords and categories, with extensive use of favorites.
- Photo Calibration to enhance colors, sharpness and brightness.
- Hierarchical Sets, instant organization with hierarchical sets which can be used as folders to organize and view media files by keywords, categories, paths, or user defined sets, and applied for quick access in slideshow presentations.
- User definable custom views, suitable for all exports, including printing, web pages, slide shows and QuickTime movies. Add fields, edit colors and fonts, and adjust image size and layout to suit your particular needs.
- HTML Galleries, WYSIWYG or template based generation of html pages.
- Advanced Rendering using CMYK/RGB ColorSync.
- Playback of any sequence of movies, audio files, MP31s in any view.
- Full Batch capabilities, image, audio and movie conversions, ColorSync embedding.
- Comprehensive Media Info Panel, detailing media information and meta data, including, amongst others: IPTC, EXIF-Digital Camera, ColorSync, Postscript, Dicom Mediacal, DTP and QT Movies.
- Voice Annotation record, listen or extract embedded audio annotations.
- Version Control backup and retrieval of individual media files.
- Automated importing based on Folder Watching.
- Synchronize annotations between catalogs and original files, also supports cross-platform editing (JPEG, Photoshop and QT Movie formats).
- Slide show uses multiple fields and layout grids, including quarter and sixteenth screen playback. Supports audio-sync as well as transitions and individual file timer settings. Can save as stand-alone presentation which can be distributed royalty free.
You can find more more information as well as a free, evaluation copy of iView MediaPro at the companyis web site.