Omaha-based Macware Inc. announced Tuesday the launch of DiskTools Pro, the company's system utilities package including bad sector detection and repair, lightning-fast file defragmentation, S.M.A.R.T. monitoring and analysis and bootable disk backup with automated scheduling.
The software, which was developed for Macware by Intech, boasts the following features:
- Schedule when to defragment, backup or repair bad sectors.
- Does not require you to run the tools from a boot DVD, CD or separate volume in order to work with the startup volume.
- Can test and repair multiple volumes all at once.
- Includes full multi-user support without requiring a user to first login.
- Will not damage your system if a power failure occurs while you are running the tools.
DiskTools Pro will be available in retail locations such as the Apple Store, Office Depot, Fry's Electronics, Micro Center and online. The software retails for $79.99 and requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later to install and run.