Recently on Mac Geek Gab we were discussing your router's Quality of Service (QoS) settings and avoiding a scenario where everything else on your network slows down when one device is using up all of your bandwidth, a condition known as Buffer Bloat. One way to test that is to do a speed test while simultaneously watching a series of pings from the Terminal. Another is to simply use DSLReports' speed test which does all of this for you! Check it out.
Recent News See All »
- Here are the Features Apple Cut from Workflow
- Apple Acquires Workflow App and Developers, Makes Workflow Free Download
- Hackers Threaten to Wipe Out Millions of iCloud Accounts if Apple doesn't Pay $75K
- iPads, other Electronics Banned on Flights to US from Several Islamic Countries
- iTunes 12.6 Lets You Watch Rental Movies Across All Your Devices
Recent Tips See All »
© The Mac Observer, Inc. -- All rights reserved. All information presented on this site is copyrighted by The Mac Observer, Inc. except where otherwise noted. No portion of this site may be copied without express written consent. Other sites are invited to link to any aspect of this site provided that all content is presented in its original form and is not placed within another frame. The Mac Observer is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc.