Audioengine just released a new DAC, or digital to analog converter, that significantly improves the quality of the audio from your Mac or PC. The D3 is a 24-bit DAC that connects via USB and doesn't require any special software. Just plug it in, then connect your headphones or external speakers for better sounding music. The D3 shows up just like any other audio output, can be controlled through your computers system volume settings, and is built into an injection molded aluminum case so its durable enough for travel, plus it doesn't need an external power source so there aren't any extra cables to get in your way. It's priced at US$189 and available at the Audioengine website as well as other retailers.
Recent News See All »
Recent Tips See All »
- watchOS 3: Mickey and Minnie Mouse Can Now Speak the Time
- iOS 10 Maps 'Overview' Buttons Moved to the Swipe-Up Drawer
- How to Stream the Clinton/Trump Presidential Debate on Your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- Can't Remotely Control Your HomeKit Devices? Enable iCloud Two-Factor Authentication
- iOS 10: How to Disable (Some) Haptic Feedback on iPhone 7
Recent Editorials See All »
© The Mac Observer, Inc. -- All rights reserved. All information presented on this site is copyrighted by The Mac Observer, Inc. except where otherwise noted. No portion of this site may be copied without express written consent. Other sites are invited to link to any aspect of this site provided that all content is presented in its original form and is not placed within another frame. The Mac Observer is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc.