El Gato released Smart Key, a Bluetooth-enabled device for your keyring that communicates with an app on your iPhone to tell you where your keys are by playing a sound on command, tell you when you've left your keys (or something else) behind, or conversely, when something leaves you. There have been some Kickstarter projects for similar devices, but El Gato's is ready to go now. It's powered by a replaceable battery that the company says lasts six months at a time, and it's compatible with iOS 7, iPhone 4s and up, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad 3 and 4. It's $39.95.
Recent News See All »
- Apple Bringing Editorial Direction to Apple News, Hires Experienced New York Magazine Exec
- Jony Ive Appointed Chancellor at Royal College of Art
- Apple Watch Most Accurate Heart Rate Fitness Tracker, Sucks at Calorie Counting
- Apple Transforms PR Site to a 'Newsroom' and Redesigns Executive Profiles
- Belkin Launching HomeKit Compatible WeMo Bridge This Fall
Recent Tips See All »
© The Mac Observer, Inc. -- All rights reserved. All information presented on this site is copyrighted by The Mac Observer, Inc. except where otherwise noted. No portion of this site may be copied without express written consent. Other sites are invited to link to any aspect of this site provided that all content is presented in its original form and is not placed within another frame. The Mac Observer is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc.