I'm a huge fan of Mimoco. The company's character-driven Mimobot USB thumb drives make me smile, giggle, and/or drool whenever I see them. Come on, a Captain Kirk thumb drive? Beam me up! Anyway, the company has launched a Kickstarter funding project for a new product called BatteryBot that brings that same kind of character to external mobile device chargers. The first run of characters are from the Animal Critterz and Core Series collections, including at least one Kickstarter-only character called Terry Le Bat. The base specs call for 5200mAh with an output of 5v/2.1A. That's enough output to charge an iPad. Kickstarter funding levels include discounts on the retail pricing, and at the high end you can get retired and discontinued Mimobots, trips to Boston, and more.
Recent News See All »
- New Apple Campus, Dubbed Apple Park, Opens in April
- Be More Productive by Typing Faster
- Apple Releases Logic Pro X 10.3.1 with Security Fix, Improved Regions and iOS GarageBand Support
- Apple Takes Us on iPhone 7 'One Night' Tours of NYC, Johannesburg, Shanghai, Tokyo
- Apple Watch 3 Shipping in Fall, Switching to Glass-film Touch Surface
Recent Tips See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
© The Mac Observer, Inc. -- All rights reserved. All information presented on this site is copyrighted by The Mac Observer, Inc. except where otherwise noted. No portion of this site may be copied without express written consent. Other sites are invited to link to any aspect of this site provided that all content is presented in its original form and is not placed within another frame. The Mac Observer is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc.