Little Danny Torrance survived his terror-filled winter locked away with his parents in a mountain hotel and has since grown up. Now Stephen King has returned to the boy from The Shining, now a middle aged man, in Doctor Sleep to explore just how Danny's life has progressed in the wake of his father's alcoholism, violence, and depression -- and to toss him in the middle of a race to save a child that also has the shining. Doctor Sleep isn't available yet, but you can read a sample of the book now and preorder your full copy through Apple's iBookstore. The sample includes 83 pages, and the full book costs US$10.99. The Shining is considered one of Mr. King's greatest works, so we're excited to see what he gives us with Doctor Sleep.
Recent News See All »
Recent Tips See All »
- macOS Sierra: Using Tapback in Messages
- watchOS 3: Mickey and Minnie Mouse Can Now Speak the Time
- iOS 10 Maps 'Overview' Buttons Moved to the Swipe-Up Drawer
- How to Stream the Clinton/Trump Presidential Debate on Your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- Can't Remotely Control Your HomeKit Devices? Enable iCloud Two-Factor Authentication
Recent Editorials See All »
© The Mac Observer, Inc. -- All rights reserved. All information presented on this site is copyrighted by The Mac Observer, Inc. except where otherwise noted. No portion of this site may be copied without express written consent. Other sites are invited to link to any aspect of this site provided that all content is presented in its original form and is not placed within another frame. The Mac Observer is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc.