Connected Data announced Transporter Sync on Tuesday, a new version of the company's personal cloud storage solution that allows you to use your own external USB drive. You can use Transporter sync to add to your existing Transporter network or as a standalone device. Transporter is effectively very similar to DropBox, but all of your data is on your drives, meaning you control it, rather than it being stored on remote servers. In addition, your Transporter devices talk to one another and can assist each other with their syncing duties. Transporter Sync is $99. As part of the announcement, Connected Data removed the driveless version of the original Transporter and reduced the price of a 500GB transporter to $199.
Recent News See All »
- Leaked Memo Pegs iPhone 8 Launch After September 17
- Adam Curry's Podcaster Pro Aims to be All-in-One Podcasting Solution
- New Report Backs Up Touch ID Embedded in iPhone 8 Display
- Apple Bringing Editorial Direction to Apple News, Hires Experienced New York Magazine Exec
- Jony Ive Appointed Chancellor at Royal College of Art
Recent Tips See All »
© The Mac Observer, Inc. -- All rights reserved. All information presented on this site is copyrighted by The Mac Observer, Inc. except where otherwise noted. No portion of this site may be copied without express written consent. Other sites are invited to link to any aspect of this site provided that all content is presented in its original form and is not placed within another frame. The Mac Observer is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc.