Apple may not have been at CES, but the companies that were spent a lot of time chasing the iPod and iTunes. Also, a CES product roundup.
Weekly Roundup: Jan 8th, 2006
This week: Apple may not have been at CES, but the companies that were spent a lot of time chasing the iPod and iTunes. Also, a CES product roundup.
Direct link: MP3 Version
TMO to Go presents the Weekly Roundup, the best way to keep track of the headlines in Mac and iPod news. Each week The Mac Observer's Ricky Spero covers the territory, paints the picture, and fills in the gaps. It's like stealing notes after you missed the meeting. Or maybe five meetings. Consecutively.
If you enjoy the podcast, we encourage you to head to any of the podcast outlets and rate us, review us, and vote for us! A vote for the Roundup is a vote for all things happy. And for humble and benevolent Roundup Anchor Ricky Spero to rule to world. You can find the Roundup at:
And don't forget to send submissions with your version of the news! Here are the stories mentioned this show:
- HP Dumps iTunes for Rhapsody
- Motorola Drops iTunes From New Rokr, Adds iRadio
- SanDisk Introduces iPod-like MP3 Players
- Piper Jaffray- iPod To Dominate 2006
- Piper Jaffray's Macworld Expo Predictions
- Analyst Sees Apple's Competitive Advantage as 'More Than Just Software'
- Apple Named a Top Stock Pick for 2006
- iTMS Adds Video Content From ABC Sports and News, ESPN, Disney
- Editorial - Apple and Microsoft Battle for Entertainment Dominance
- Safari Gained, IE Lost In 2005
- TMO at CES - Blu-Ray Disc Specs Completed
- Intel Lines Up Content Providers for Viiv
- TMO at CES - An Afternoon With Intel CEO Paul Otellini
- The Flux Starts iPod Video Film Festival
- FileMaker Server 8 Advanced Ships
- Free GarageBand Loops from iCompositions
- iCompositions Launches Artist Podcasts Premium Services
- Icuiti Debuts Video Eyewear For iPods, Other Devices
- iPO at CES - Motorola Announced O ROKR Bluetooth Oakley Sunglasses
- Logitech Introduces Cordless Mac Keyboard and Mouse
- New Flash Drive Comes With Screen For Viewing File Names
- iLink Enables Any iPod to Play Video, WMA Audio, More
- Podspeakers Introduces Docking Station for All iPods
- Review - iTrip Auto
- Review - TuffWrap
- TechTool Portable Mac Diagnostic Kit
- XtremeMac Tango Sound System
- ZonePlayer ZP80 Wireless Digital Music System
- Jonathan Ive Honored by Queen
- Talking 'Bout the iPod Generation
- Who Guitarist Townshend Sees 'Terrible Trouble' For iPod Users' Hearing
- No Live Macworld Expo Keynote Broadcast
- Just a Thought - Good Help Is...Well...
- Ted Landau's User Friendly View - Spoiling the Surprise- On Apple Rumors & Movie Trailers
- Dr. Mac- Rants & Raves - The Print Shop 2 for Mac ROCKS!
- The Mac Observer - Gallery -- CES 2006 Photo Gallery I- Tech Stuff
- The Mac Observer - Gallery -- Intel CEO Paul Otellini's CES Keynote
- Party with TMO & the All Stars at Cirque du Mac 3.0 (Win Tickets!)
This news is written by the staff of The Mac Observer.
Bass by Boom, for TMO.