Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For December 26th, 2005
When your Mac won't boot, Dave and John have some of the answers! This week's show finds our hosts talking through all they steps they would take to revive a sick Mac, including different troubleshooting utilities, tips and tricks, plus where to send it when all else fails.
Show Sponsor: Kiwali.com - Pamper your iPod mini this winter in soft, stylish corduroy pouches from Kiwali. Enter PODCAST at checkout and save a special 15% for the holidays!.
If you're using iTunes to download and listen to podcasts, we have two feeds:
Note: Shownotes are now complete.
- December 25th
- Macworld Expo SF 2006 - John and Dave will be on the Podcast Stage on Show floor (booth #749) at 2:30pm on Tuesday, January 10th
- fsck - File system consistency check command
- Drive Genius
- CharlesSoft - Makers of bootcd
- BootImage Pal
- Shelly Brisbin
- Mac OS X Hints Forums
- Apple's Discussion Boards
- Small Dog and Expercom - Retailers who often stock discounted AppleCare plans
- Apple's Open Firmware Password Utility (for 10.3 and earlier)
- Sennheiser PC 150 Headset
- Griffin iMic
- Audio Hijack Pro
- Pandora's Box
- Review the Mac Geek Gab on iTunes (please!)
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael, aka Computernap!
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
[removed]eval(unescape('[removed]('E-mail John and Dave')'))[removed] (even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.