John & Dave are at it again. This may be the last show until December 9th given Dave's travel schedule, and he and John do their very best (as always!) to deliver the goods: the answers to your questions, the tips you have ready, and even some special stuff they've cooked up on their own. Topics include copying App Store-purchased apps to other Macs, checking mail on iOS, disabling sound on your Mac, how geeks shop for hard drives, and much, much more. Tune in (translation: download now!), press play, and enjoy!
MGG 426: Extra Bonus Tips Just For You
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mac App Store licensing and copy protection, explained
- ~/Library/Application Support/[app folder] (to inspect and perhaps delete items for traditional apps)
- ~/Library/Preferences/ (to inspect and perhaps delete preferences for traditional apps)
- ~/Library/Containers/ (to inspect and perhaps delete items for app store apps)
- How to force-quit iOS Apps
- iPhone Battery Tips
- What does (awdd) mean
- How to disable sound via kernel extensions
- Click of Death
- Synology Diskstations
- Drobo 5N
- Allure of the Seas
- How to send mail using telnet
- Sender Policy Framework
- iPad Mini
- MacBook: How to remove or install memory
- USB 3.0 Can cause Wi-Fi Interference
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).