Dave's back from WWDC and he and John have a lot of your questions to answer! Discussion includes sending and receiving SMS messages from your Mac, restoring settings for ONE iOS app at a time, creating your own secure, off-site backups, and more. Plus some follow-up discussion about running "flat" Wi-Fi networks and SSD Trim and Garbage Collection, just to round out those topics from last show. Download today (it's free!) and enjoy.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Chrysler Cordoba (1:35)
- Set up messages for iCQ (5:29)
- Verizon SMS Web Gateway (6:50)
- List of Web to SMS Gateways (for most cell carriers) (8:00)
- Verizon Messages (8:30)
- iPhone / iPod Touch Backup Extractor (13:58)
- DiskAid (14:32)
- Use Google Sync to xfer Contacts from BlackBerry to iOS (20:47)
- Sync your contacts using CardDAV with Google and iOS
- CloudPull (25:00)
- CrashPlan (27:55)
- TrueCrypt (35:40)
- Extended Service Set (38:00)
- Seagate Laptop Solid State Hybrid Drive & Laptop Thin SSHD (54:34)
- Home Sharing Support - Getting Started (1:01:17)
- STTNG: Data finds that a watched pot always boils (1:06:25)
- iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime and iMessage activation (1:07:22)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.