Dave and John blast off on Sunday morning with a few quick tips and answers, including changing the Finder's default search (to what it should be), setting your Mac's default display, correcting drifting time, and more. Then It's a few questions about automating iTunes and dealing with overlapping WiFi channels. Good, geeky fun for you!
MGG 493: Finder Tips, Display Tips, Syncing Solutions & More!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Synology DSM (Disk Station Manager) 5.0 (2:30)
- OpenVPN (3:15)
- OpenVPN Connect (4:25)
- How to set up the Synology NAS as the VPN Server (5:00)
- DynDNS (9:55)
- OS X Mavericks: Narrow down Spotlight search results (16:23)
- Path Finder (23:04)
- Total Finder
- Logout when going to sleep (28:32)
- use 'tick.usno.navy.mil' or 'tock.usno.navy.mil' as your alternative time server (33:29)
- Mac Basics: Using a scanner (45:56)
- iCloud: Resolving duplicate Contacts after setting up iCloud Contacts (49:39)
- Contacts Cleaner
- One button to merge all duplicate contacts
- Simplenote (56:03)
- AT&T MobileShare Family Plans (1:10:46)
- ARS Technica AT&T MobileShare Family Plan writeup
- Doug’s QuickConvert iTunes Script
- use 'afconvert' or 'macerror' from Terminal for fun info!
- iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.