John and Dave come to you on Friday this week, just to get ahead of their Macworld/iWorld travels for next week. This show sees your favorite geeks answering questions about optimizing your webcam, fixing iTunes messes, plugging a mic into an iPad, and more! Download today (it's free!) and enjoy.
MGG 494: Webcam Tweaks, iTunes Clean-up, Using Mics with iOS & More!
Sponsor: Lynda.com is the place to learn software, creative, and business skills from in-depth and easy-to-follow video tutorials taught by industry experts. And get a 7-day free trial through our special MGG deal by visiting lynda.com/mgg.
Sponsor: Go to Squarespace.com/mgg and click "enter an offer code" under the pricing and put in the code MGG for 10% off your order.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- iPad Air (2:10)
- John's $1.97 iPad Air Case
- Macworld/iWorld 2014 (4:32)
- Mac Geek Gab Public Calendar (with our Macworld events)
- iGlasses (14:25)
- WebCam Settings
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
- netstat (19:12)
- Private Eye
- iStat Menus
- Little Snitch (it has a built-in network monitor)
- iTunes for Mac: Moving your iTunes Media folder (30:29)
- ResEdit (38:27)
- Keyboard Maestro
- OS X Mavericks: Create keyboard shortcuts for apps
- iRig PRE (43:07)
- ProJive XLR
- RØDE Rec
- RØDE iXY
- OS X: About FileVault 2 (55:35)
- AES Instruction Set
- I need to remove AirParrot (1:01:31)
- Digital Sentry (1:09:19)
- Automatically Eject Drives at Boot in Mac OS X with Automator (1:11:05)
- 1Password Anywhere with Dropbox (1:13:11)
- Setup BitTorrent Sync on Synology DiskStation (1:15:20)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.