Dave's considering leaving Gmail and he and John discuss options. They also talk about Lightning cable longevity and what to do to protect yours (hint: have extras when you travel!). Then it's on to answering your questions and sharing your tips. Topics include enabling FileVault on all your drives, changing audio devices, drive longevity stats and more. Enjoy!
MGG 508: Lightning Cable Longevity, Gmail Replacements & More
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- CE Week 2014
- MFi Program (3:31)
- CableJive iBoltz Lighting Cable
- Monoprice Lightning Cables
- Scosche retractable cable
- Skiva microUSB and Lightning cable
- dockStubz - Keep Your Case On While You Dock
- Google Apps for Business (20:21)
- Yahoo Small Business Email (MGG Chat participant Brian Monroe advises against this!)
- Yahoo and AOL Damage Mailing Lists and Email Forwarding
- CargoLifter (44:11)
- RCDefaultApp - Set Default Apps and More (52:32)
- YASU - OS X maintenance utility developed to do a certain group of tasks quickly with just a few clicks
- Shure SRH240a Headphones
- JBL Synchros S400BT Headphones
- Elgato Thunderbolt Dock (1:10:46)
- Backblaze Hard Disk Results (1:17:57)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.