It's summertime (in the Northern Hemisphere, anyway) and that means lots of travel. It also means some really interesting travel-related technology problems to solve. Listen to John and Dave as they did into solving issues with streaming movies from your house to your favorite travel destination... or to a mobile destination if that's your preferred way to roll. Dave digs in a bit to the specific USB speeds of Thunderbolt docks, and the boys discuss their favorite battery charging strategies. Plus some bonuses and tangents, because they know you love those!
MGG 510: Talking To Your Technology While You Travel
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- JBL Synchros S400BT
- Verbatim Speaker Keyboard for Mac
- Mac Keyboard Shortcuts
- Samsung 840 EV (6:33)
- OS X: How to migrate data from another Mac using Mavericks
- NAT Port Mapping Protocol (NAT-PMP) (18:47)
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)
- PortMap (Mac app)
- back to my mac iCloud server not responding (25:37)
- OS X: How to reset the DNS cache
- OS X: How to disable Bonjour service advertising without disabling DNS
- Apple Broadband Tuner (often causes issues nowadays)
- OS X: Back to My Mac requires AirPort base station or UPnP-capable third-party router
- Performance Tuning the Network Stack on Mac OS X
- So what’s with Apple TV needing to phone home all the time? (39:54)
- Synology Video Station (44:55)
- Google+ Discussion for Managing Home Movies (50:15)
- Serviio DLNA Server
- Denon HEOS 3
- Can I use two HEOS speakers in a stereo pair?
- Bose SoundTouch
- FruitJuice (1:21:58)
- Apple - Batteries - Notebooks
- The CalDigit Thunderbolt Station (1:29:02)
- Charger Leash
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.