iCloud Notifications, Burning CD tracks, securing network devices, backing up your NAS and much, much more. All of this in today's Mac Geek Gab episode featuring Dave Hamilton and John F. Braun, your two favorite geeks! Download today and enjoy.
MGG 518: Larrys Have Problems (That Geeks Can Solve)
Sponsor: Harry's provides guys a great shaving experience for a fraction of the price. High quality blades, shave cream and accessories shipped to your door on your schedule. Visit Harrys.com and use coupon code MGG to save $5 off your first purchase!
Sponsor: Lynda.com is the place to learn software, creative, and business skills from in-depth and easy-to-follow video tutorials taught by industry experts. And get a 7-day free trial through our special MGG deal by visiting lynda.com/mgg.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mac App Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases (3:13)
- DOCSIS (8:28)
- DOCSIS Cable Modem Status Page (192.168.100.1)
- Anker AH221 USB 3.0 7-Port Hub (22:08)
- Friday Favorite: Satechi 12-port USB Hub
- Satechi 12 Port USB Hub (with BLUE LEDs!)
- How to combine multiple audio interfaces by creating an aggregate device (32:04)
- iCloud: Calendar sharing overview (40:46)
- Mavericks Server Admin: Configure calendar service
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Wi-Fi base stations: Setting up and configuring an extended wireless network (802.11n) (54:57)
- AirPort Utility 6.x: Set up IPv6
- KONG’s DD-WRT Files
- AirPort base stations: About USB disks (1:03:31)
- Synology DS214se (2-bay Synology)
- Synology DS115j
- Apple TV (with $25 gift card) Deal (1:14:58)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.