It's been iPhone week. It's been server migration week. It's been tech week (in more ways than one!), and your two geeks are here, ready to roll and with a very special guest, no less! FIrst they'll talk through some of their favorite iOS 8 tips and tricks. Then it's on to a slew of your questions, including revisiting the age old question of Drobo or Synology (hint: there's no hard and fast answer here!) plus resolving John's own tech issue! Download and enjoy.
Note: Shownotes are in progress...
- iOS 8 (4:30)
- iOS 8: How to-Enable Safari Extensions
- Last Pass for iOS 8
- View Source
- How to Install and Activate Third-Party Keyboards in iOS 8 (16:30)
- MyScript Stack
- Kiwi for iOS 8
- Wdgts for Notification Center
- iOS 8 Health (29:10)
- PSA: Skip iCloud Drive if You Sync iCloud Data to Mac or iOS 7 (42:10)
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Specs (1:02:50)
- Synology DS412+
- Synology Video Station (note this is a two year old article and VS has more features than it did back then. Still awesome, though!)
- Synology DS213j (1:16:25)
- Mac OS X: About file system journaling
- Startup Manager: How to select a startup volume
- Use Ditto to copy Mac files (1:29:00)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.