It's been iPhone week. It's been server migration week. It's been tech week (in more ways than one!), and your two geeks are here, ready to roll and with a very special guest, no less! FIrst they'll talk through some of their favorite iOS 8 tips and tricks. Then it's on to a slew of your questions, including revisiting the age old question of Drobo or Synology (hint: there's no hard and fast answer here!) plus resolving John's own tech issue! Download and enjoy.
MGG 520: Wrapping Up Tech Week With iOS 8 & More
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
Sponsor: ShareFile: Sends your attachments as secure links so you can send files of almost any size with the highest degree of security and receive notifications to know who is downloading your files and when. Visit ShareFile.com, click on the microphone at the top of the homepage and enter MACGEEK for 30-days free!
Note: Shownotes are in progress...
- iOS 8 (4:30)
- iOS 8: How to-Enable Safari Extensions
- Last Pass for iOS 8
- View Source
- How to Install and Activate Third-Party Keyboards in iOS 8 (16:30)
- MyScript Stack
- Kiwi for iOS 8
- Wdgts for Notification Center
- iOS 8 Health (29:10)
- PSA: Skip iCloud Drive if You Sync iCloud Data to Mac or iOS 7 (42:10)
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Specs (1:02:50)
- Synology DS412+
- Synology Video Station (note this is a two year old article and VS has more features than it did back then. Still awesome, though!)
- Synology DS213j (1:16:25)
- Mac OS X: About file system journaling
- Startup Manager: How to select a startup volume
- Use Ditto to copy Mac files (1:29:00)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.