Dave's got both an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6 Plus, so he and John discuss that, but then it moves quickly on to your questions. Topics include: iOS 8 Family Sharing, syncing photos without PhotoStream, granting read-only access to files on your Mac, how to interpret crash reports, a discussion on Shellshock and more! Download today and enjoy!
MGG 521: Crash Reports (and Hovercrafts) are Full of Eels
Sponsor: Go to Squarespace.com/mgg and click "enter an offer code" under the pricing and put in the code MGG for 10% off your first order. Also Tweet your SquareSpace-created site to @MacGeekGab with the hashtag of #squarespaceshoutout and we'll retweet it to everyone we know!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Pepcom's Holiday Spectacular 2014
- iOS 8 Family Sharing (2:49)
- How To Use iOS 8 Family Sharing With a Separate iTunes Store Account
- How to Use PayPal with iOS 8 Family Sharing
- iCloud: My Photo Stream FAQ (10:44)
- BitTorrent Sync
- iOS 8 Messages (18:24)
- Apple: iOS 8.0.1 Fix Coming in the Next Few Days (22:44)
- Shellshocker (29:31)
- Apple: Only Nine People Have Complained about Bent iPhones (41:53)
- Dave’s Initial Thoughts on the iPhone 6 Plus (51:21)
- OS X Mavericks: Set permissions (1:00:26)
- How to read Crash Reports (1:06:30)
- OS X Mavericks: Report problems to Apple
- ilreportwindow from Alf Watt
- iTunes - Music - Apple Support (1:15:30)
- iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List (1:18:21)
- iOS Accessibility (1:20:30)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.