Yosemite is a new OS, and with that comes oddities. Thankfully your two favorite geeks are here to help. Mail issues are plaguing many listeners and John F. Braun and Dave Hamilton talk you through how to keep things running as clean as possible, even cleaning up Mail behind the scenes. Then it's on to custom FaceTime ringtones, how to manage the battery on a spare iPhone and much, much more. Download today and enjoy!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Screens (3:00)
- Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
- How to replace iMac PSU
- iFixit iMac PSU Replacement
- My iMac will not turn on - iFixit Guide
- BearExtender Turbo
- Target Disk Mode
- iMac Intel 24" EMC 2134 and 2211 Diagnostic LED's
- Mac Apps Support - Mail (21:07)
- How to install OS X Yosemite on your Mac (includes system requirements) (25:41)
- Adding custom ringtones to FaceTime (33:13)
- Maximizing battery performance (37:10)
- Aperture 3 - Working with Photo Stream (51:00)
- RC Default App (1:03:20)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.