Eliminating Yosemite's Incrementing computer names, the real skinny on Yosemite and third-party SSDs, which codecs to use for creating your own streamable movies, advice on clean-installing and much, much more keep your geeks busy throughout this week's Mac Geek Gab episode. Download, press play and enjoy!
MGG 530: Chasing Those Pesky Incrementing Hostnames
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- John's Yosemite Wi-Fi Drop Fix 0.2 (7:25)
- Toggle WiFi.applescript at Github
- How to Use DHCP Reservations for Greater Control of Your AirPort Network (15:50)
- About Wake on Demand and Bonjour Sleep Proxy
- Bugs and Fixes: What's with Yosemite renaming shared computers?
- Flame for OS X (iOS version no longer available)
- Rip Blu-Ray Disks on your Mac (34:50)
- Don Melton’s Handbrake Scripts
- Vector 22 Podcast with Don Melton
- Flip Player (free option) (43:43)
- Flip4Mac Player: Why is Telestream charging for Flip4Mac Player?
- VLC Media Player
- Time Machine: How to transfer backups from the current backup drive to a new backup drive (46:42)
- DiskMakerX (56:20)
- Move your data to a new Mac
- AppCleaner (1:00:45)
- FAQ and support for using Trim Enabler in OS X Yosemite (1:10:50)
- Use San Francisco Font on Yosemite (1:15:30)
- Synk (1:17:33)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.