For this last show of the year Dave and John talk about Dave's iMac repair (it was the graphics card, but took a lot to get there, and Dave benefitted nicely!), then a tip for scanning WiFi networks on your standard (non-jailbroken) iPhone, how to create iTunes Extras, Aperture to Lightroom migration techniques and lots more. Download and enjoy today!
MGG 533: Schrödinger’s Boson
Sponsor: Lynda.com is the place to learn software, creative, and business skills from in-depth and easy-to-follow video tutorials taught by industry experts. And get a 10-day free trial through our special MGG deal by visiting lynda.com/mgg.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Apple 27-inch iMac Radeon 6970M Warranty Extension Program (2:05)
- Silicon Roller (for dust-cleaning)
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program (14:55)
- DFU Update to Restore iPhone Battery
- Higgs Boson
- How to choose a startup disk on your Mac (25:30)
- OS X Server: Creating a single NetBoot, NetInstall or NetRestore image for multiple Macs
- Ask Ars: The best way to use a lithium-ion battery, redux (30:00)
- TPS Report
- Inateck HDD Enclosures (37:33)
- USB Descriptors (Configuration Descriptor)
- USB Power Meter
- Ultraviolet Flashlight
- iStat Menus
- Apple iOS 8 WiFi Scanning Returns! (49:15)
- Understanding privacy and Location Services on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 8 (53:07)
- Create iTunes Extras (1:02:10)
- OS X Yosemite: Set up Bluetooth audio devices (1:04:40)
- Audioengine B1
- Lightroom (1:16:57)
- Aperture import plugin now available
- Lightroom Help / Lightroom catalog FAQ
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.