Christopher Breen, happily unemployed, joins John and Dave today to do his darndest to help your two favorite geeks solve the world's problems (by way of answering your Mac and iOS-related questions). Yes, they get geeky, and they also reminisce in the way that only these three long-time geeks (and long-time friends) can. Definitely one you won't want to miss.
MGG 541: Two Geeks Joined by Chris Breen
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Hair-Breened Ideas: Time to do something else… (1:55)
- Macworld All-Star Band
- Macworld/iWorld on hiatus, no show in 2015
- 2015 Midwest MacBBQ
- Chuck Joiner interviews Chris Breen
- Craig Federighi
- How to use iCloud Drive (21:45)
- Manage your iCloud storage
- Audio Hijack 3 - Record any audio, with Audio Hijack!
- iStat Menus 5 - An advanced Mac system monitor for your menubar (29:05)
- Memory Clean
- How to use Activity Monitor
- Free Up Inactive Memory in Mac OS X with Purge Command
- Dave's Snow Picture
- Apple Lithium-ion Batteries (40:40)
- NuPower Battery for MacBook Pro 15" Non-Unibody
- FruitJuice - FruitJuice calculates the optimal minimum time you should be running on battery power each day based on the way you actually use your laptop.
- Other World Computing
- OS X: Manually migrating data from another Mac (53:20)
- How to move your iTunes library to a new computer
- iTunes for Mac: Moving your iTunes Media folder
- Organize and play your media from a NAS, by Christopher Breen
- Plex: Your media on all your devices
- Synology Video Station
- OS X: About FileVault 2 (1:07:45)
- Nikon D750 (Chris Breen’s Cool Stuff Found)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.