Dave's back from Florida, John's back is feeling fine, and your two favorite geeks answer questions and discuss all sorts of topics that YOU want to hear about. Backups, restoration, nefarious installers and more.
MGG 542: Stick This In Your Drive & Partition It
Sponsor: Meet the PDFpen family: powerful PDF tools for Mac and iOS. Edit, sign, scan, and OCR at your Mac or on the go.
Sponsor: Lynda.com is the place to learn software, creative, and business skills from in-depth and easy-to-follow video tutorials taught by industry experts. And get a 10-day free trial through our special MGG deal by visiting lynda.com/mgg.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Carbon Copy Cloner (5:19)
- How to configure Calendar’s Email and Open File alerts
- Alice in Wonderland (1951)
- THX 1138 (1971)
- Disk Utility 12.x: Partition a disk (14:59)
- Drive Genius 4
- TechTool Pro (36:40)
- SpeedyNet (38:00)
- Video Drive
- DesktopUtility (40:38)
- Forklift (42:24)
- AppleTV with Plex (43:33)
- Your Samsung TV is eavesdropping on your private conversations
- Citizenfour (2014)
- Whiplash (2014)
- Apple’s OS X Gatekeeper Leaves Hole Open for Malware and Adware - Here’s How to Protect Your Mac (46:27)
- Infuse (56:27)
- OS X: About FileVault 2 (1:04:53)
- Is TrueCrypt Safe to Use Yet?
- OS X: Macs that support authenticated restart with FileVault
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.