TAMED this week: flaky internet connections, disappearing sent mail, recurring installer relaunches and keyboard shortcuts who refuse to sync. Your geeks just won't let these things stand, and neither should you. In addition they share some tips from listeners about making the Finder show you just what you want and backing up network drives. Trust us, you don't want to miss this one!
MGG 546: Calendars, Flaky Connections and NAS Backups
Sponsor: Lynda.com is the place to learn software, creative, and business skills from in-depth and easy-to-follow video tutorials taught by industry experts. And get a 10-day free trial through our special MGG deal by visiting lynda.com/mgg.
Sponsor: iMazing: iMazing is the ultimate iPhone manager, it lets you take control of your music, apps, backups, contacts and more. Manage Your iPhone Simply, Get iMazing.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Microsoft Store
- Drive Genius 4 - How to Create BootWell
- OS X Yosemite: Customize the Finder toolbar and sidebar (12:15)
- Mail (Yosemite): Mailbox Behaviors preferences (13:45)
- Mail (Yosemite): Use a specific mailbox to store messages on an IMAP server
- Mail (Yosemite): Use Connection Doctor
- Rebuild Mail’s Envelope Index Database
- AirPort Extreme (26:00)
- AirPort Express
- Fantastical 2 (40:55)
- Gig Gab Podcast (50:20)
- Nest Learning Thermostat
- Honeywell RTH2300B
- iCloud: Change your calendar’s time zone (1:01:15)
- CrashPlan (1:05:55)
- Synology - DSM 5.0 and USB Backup
- Carbon Copy Cloner
- Seagate Wireless (1:11:50)
- Verbatim MediaShare Wireless
- Kingston MobileLite Wireless G2
- Eye-Fi Wireless SD Cards
- Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.