Finding what's using your free space, sorting out multi-monitor setups with Thunderbolt, long-term SSD reliability confusion and adding more USB ports to your Mac are just a few of the topics that Dave and John cover in this week's episode of Mac Geek Gab. Download, press play and enjoy!
MGG 553: Swiftly Solving Shrinking Storage
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
Sponsor: Lynda.com is the place to learn software, creative, and business skills from in-depth and easy-to-follow video tutorials taught by industry experts. And get a 10-day free trial through our special MGG deal by visiting lynda.com/mgg.
Sponsor: Other World Computing provides innovative, high-quality performance upgrades for nearly every Mac, backed by incredible warranties and expert support. Order your Thunderbolt 2 Dock today for just $239.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- How to Troubleshoot the air conditioner in a Saturn S-Series
- Macstock Conference & Expo 2015
- The Midwest Mac BBQ
- SEIDIO Obex Waterproof Case (5:00)
- Lifeproof iPad Air Case - nüüd
- Ruthless Gatekeeping is the Key to Apple Watch Bliss (13:00)
- Citi Chip Card
- How to Find & Recover Missing Hard Drive Space (26:30)
- Mac Basics: Time Machine backs up your Mac (34:46)
- AirPort Time Capsule
- Backing up Time Machine with a Quota Limit to Synology
- Using USB 3 devices on Mac computers FAQ (48:24)
- Satechi 10-port USB hub (7 USB 3.0 ports, 3 charging-only ports)
- The $40 clone of the above Satechi hub
- AmazonBasics Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt) to HDMI Adapter
- iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ (1:08:40)
- FUD about SSD and heat/time-death (1:10:30)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.