John and Dave are back from Midwest Mac BBQ and MacStock and have some stories to tell. Then, of course, it's off to answering your questions about living with less storage, iCloud Photo Library (and how to disable it!), how to find old iTunes purchases and more. Enjoy!
MGG 558: Storage Woes & Disabling iCloud Photo Library
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
Sponsor: Lynda.com is the place to learn software, creative, and business skills from in-depth and easy-to-follow video tutorials taught by industry experts. And get a 10-day free trial through our special MGG deal by visiting lynda.com/mgg.
Sponsor: Other World Computing provides innovative, high-quality performance upgrades for nearly every Mac, backed by incredible warranties and expert support. Pre-order your USB-C Dock today for just $129.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- The Midwest Mac BBQ 2015 (1:00)
- Macstock Conference and Expo 2015
- Reset OS X DNS Cache (11:48)
- How to Flush DNS Cache in OS X Yosemite with discoveryutil
- Why Does My iPhone Turn Off When I Still Have Battery Life Remaining? Here's The Real Fix! (20:50)
- CoconutBattery (will read your iPhone battery as well as your Mac)
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Omnistat iOS app
- Manage your iCloud storage (28:55)
- iCloud Photo Library FAQ (37:41)
- How to Safely Disable iCloud Photo Library and Reclaim Space for iCloud Backups
- My Apple ID - Reset Your Password (48:00)
- iMazing (for iOS music import)
- Screens (52:00)
- Apple Remote Desktop
- Deep Freeze (1:00:00)
- Carbon Copy Cloner
- OS X Server System Imaging
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.