Apple released a slew of updates last week, and your two favorite geeks talk through all of them, answering your questions along the way. OS X 10.10.4, iOS 8.4, Apple Music, iTunes 12.2... you name it, John F. Braun and Dave Hamilton cover it. They even leave time for your questions to be answered, too!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Keyboard Maestro (2:27)
- About the OS X Yosemite v10.10.4 Update (4:43)
- Apple Fixes discoveryd Network Issue with OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 Update
- Latest OS X update allows you to enable TRIM for third-party SSDs (12:25)
- Trim Enabler
- Samsung TRIM Error Could Be Wiping Data
- When Solid State Drives are not that solid
- Blacklist queued TRIM on all Samsung 800-series
- Update: Seems the Samsung TRIM "bug" is only an issue on Linux (not Windows or Mac)
- iOS 8.4 Update (23:09)
- About Instruments
- Apple Music (29:34)
- Apple’s new iTunes Terms & Conditions highlight Apple Music, Expose iCloud Music Library
- iCloud Music Library and DRM: Now with Slightly Less Disaster
- iTunes 12.2 (46:59)
- Resolve OS X AppStore Hanging and Crashing Problem
- What is causing software update to use excessive resources and kill the responsiveness of my Mac? (48:18)
- Using USB 3 devices on Mac computers FAQ (53:00)
- JBL Pulse
- Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or iPad with another iOS device or with my computer? (1:07:54)
- Mac Power Users - Happy birthday, Katie!
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.