It's back to answering your questions this week, including focuses on Apple Music, sharing from within apps, deciphering network interfaces and which NAS to get. All this and more on this week's Mac Geek Gab!
MGG 562: Picking Your NAS & Trusting Your Gut
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
Sponsor: Lynda.com is the place to learn software, creative, and business skills from in-depth and easy-to-follow video tutorials taught by industry experts. And get a 10-day free trial through our special MGG deal by visiting lynda.com/mgg.
Sponsor: Other World Computing provides innovative, high-quality performance upgrades for nearly every Mac, backed by incredible warranties and expert support. Pre-order your Thunderbolt 2 Dock today for just $249.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Tommy (Album)
- Disk Sensei (6:07)
- Queued TRIM Bad on Some Samsung SSDs on Linux, OK on OS X and Windows (7:55)
- Arq Supports Amazon Cloud Drive (10:53)
- Amazon Cloud Drive (with new unlimited options)
- Flickr (with 1 TB of storage)
- Google Photos
- AppleCare supports your AirPort Devices, too (18:49)
- AirPort Extreme 802.11n (4th Generation) - Technical Specifications
- Apple Music (27:36)
- iTunes 12.2.1 (38:15)
- OS X Mountain Lion: If your certificate isn’t being accepted (41:52)
- Little Snitch 3 (OS X 10.8 or later)
- About the OS X Yosemite v10.10.4 Update (53:29)
- Mac Basics: Time Machine backs up your Mac (56:14)
- About the SD and SDXC card slot
- Lexar Professional 633x 32GB SDHC UHS-I/U3 Card (Up to 95MB/s Read) w/Image Rescue 5 Software
- Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader
- 256 GB SD Card (or a far more expensive Lexar version that appears to run at the same speeds)
- Blackmagic Disk Speed Test
- All Flash Memory Is Not the Same – Synchronous vs Asynchronous SSDs
- Dave’s Synology Comparison Chart (1:15:17)
- Synology BeyondCloud
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.