Bluetooth tips and solutions, FileVault 2 usage strategies, shared iCloud Safari security concerns, Photos woes and AirDrop advice. All of this and more in this week's show!
MGG 566: Mechanizing The Exorcism
Sponsor: Lynda.com is the place to learn software, creative, and business skills from in-depth and easy-to-follow video tutorials taught by industry experts. And get a 10-day free trial through our special MGG deal by visiting lynda.com/mgg.
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
Sponsor: Other World Computing provides innovative, high-quality performance upgrades for nearly every Mac, backed by incredible warranties and expert support. Now with gently-used 13" MacBook Airs starting at just $575 with 8GB of RAM!.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Behringer EURORACK UB1222FX-PRO (2:36)
- Yamaha AG-series Mixers
- Behringer Xenyx 1002
- Heil PR 40
- Blue Snowball
- Blue enCORE Series
- Blue Icicle
- ATR 2005 USB Microphone
- ATR 2100 USB Microphone
- Gmail iOS Setup (18:36)
- Get started with IMAP and POP3 - a help article
- About Energy Saver sleep and idle modes in Mac OS X (26:10)
- pmset Manual Page (can view and set hibernatemode)
- Apple Music (35:06)
- Carbon Copy Cloner
- Share content with AirDrop from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (35:06)
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference (49:15)
- USB 3.0 Hard Drives Can Cause Wi-Fi Interference
- New Mac Geek Gab App Update (59:34)
- Enabling FileVault 2 (1:03:33)
- OS X Yosemite: Ways to view items in Finder windows (1:09:43)
- Update on System Integrity Protection in El Capitan, OSX 10.11
- How Long have you been on Twitter?
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.
- The iOS Show and Applr.