Your questions answered! Topics today include running out of memory, auto-ejecting disks, managing iTunes and more! Dave Hamilton and John F. Braun take your questions and answer them in a way you can truly understand. Download, press play and enjoy!
MGG 568: Running Your Mac Safe & Lean
Sponsor: iMazing: iMazing is the ultimate iPhone manager, it lets you take control of your music, apps, backups, contacts and more. Manage Your iPhone Simply, Get iMazing.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- OS X Mavericks: If a USB device isn’t working (1:20)
- OS X Mavericks: Check your device’s USB connection
- The Best USB 3.0 Hubs
- Satechi 10 Port USB 3.0 Premium Aluminum Hub (7 Port Hub with 3 Charging Ports)
- Anker (great USB and Power Experts)
- Hootoo HT-UH010 7-Port USB 3.0 HUB + 2 Smart Charging Ports
- Clock App In iOS 7 Now Switches To Digital Clocks With A Single Tap (9:52)
- Audit Concludes No Backdoors in TrueCrypt (12:58)
- VeraCrypt (TrueCrypt evolution/alternative)
- John's TrueCrypt Mini-Review
- Mavericks: Your System has Run out of Application memory (27:12)
- iStat Menus
- Use Activity Monitor on your Mac (Memory)
- Untitled X-Files Revival
- Backblaze (36:03)
- Run Scripts on Sleep (51:45)
- Jettison (to unmount drives on sleep!)
- External Hard Drives not Mounting after Yosemite Upgrade (59:00)
- System Integrity Protection (1:09:31)
- Disk Utility 12.x: Partition a disk (1:17:35)
- WD Red NAS Hard Drives (1:19:03)
- Erase a FileVault 2 Encrypted Volume (1:21:39) (handy when the Password is lost)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.