Want help deciding which new router to buy? How about security on your network for those services you use remotely? Is it time to upgrade or replace your Mac? All these questions and more in today's Mac Geek Gab with your hosts, Dave Hamilton & John F. Braun!
MGG 570: Dancing on the Edge of Feedback
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Apple.com shortly before iPhone pre-orders
- Verizon to Offer iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus on America’s Largest 4G LTE Network Beginning Friday, September 25 (included trade-in deal)
- AT&T Device Unlock
- El Capitán (14:33)
- iPhone Messages and Mail (16:08)
- Bursts in Photos (17:02)
- Transporter (21:54)
- Silver Sharpie 4-pack (23:37)
- What's New in iOS 9 (33:06)
- The Best Wi-Fi Router (for Most People) (47:17)
- TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router
- NETGEAR AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router, 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit (R6400-100NAS)
- Apple’s WiFi Extension Advice (58:55)
- D-Link AV2 2000 Powerline
- Actiontec MoCA adapters
- Allison Sheridan’s Same SSID Conundrum (Dave’s solution is in the show at about the 1hr 9min mark)
- Subscribe to iTunes Match (1:12:12)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.