Granular volume adjustmets, recovering deleted files from the cloud and advanced dragging from your menu bar are just the three Quick Tips that start this episode! Then it's on to a few Geek Challenges (do YOU know how to strip formatting from text on iOS?) and a few regular questions. MGG always promises to entertain and inform. Do you like either of those things? If so, download and press play!
MGG 594: Ghosts in the iMachine
Sponsor: PowerPhotos is the ultimate toolbox for Photos on the Mac. Merge multiple Photos libraries, eliminate duplicate photos, and more. Get 20% off with coupon code MGG.
Sponsor: iMazing: iMazing is the ultimate iPhone manager, it lets you take control of your music, apps, backups, contacts and more. Manage Your iPhone Simply, Get iMazing. Coupon code MGG saves you 20%!
Sponsor: Go to Squarespace.com/mgg and click "enter an offer code" under the pricing and put in the code MGG for 10% off your first order. Also Tweet your SquareSpace-created site to @MacGeekGab with the hashtag of #squarespaceshoutout and we'll retweet it to everyone we know!
Note: Shownotes are in complete!
- How to Set Precise Mac Volume Levels in OS X (2:21)
- Boost Quicktime Volume (doesn't look to work with current version)
- Eight ways to save time with proxy icons (4:54)
- Dropbox Help Center - How do I recover deleted files? (6:59)
- How to recover deleted files, contacts, calendars, and photos from iCloud
- OCZ SSD Guru (9:06)
- Keep your Google Voice Number Active (13:43)
- Download iCloud for Windows (15:08)
- Set up and use iCloud for Windows
- Photo Album Sharing Geek Challenge (20:53)
- Passing Data and Power Simultaneously Via Lightning Geek Challenge (25:24)
- Novation Audiohub 2x4
- How to Apply Metadata/Keywords to Photos Geek Challenge (28:15)
- Tom’s Hardware Mac AntiVirus Guide (31:29)
- Avira (free antivirus for Mac)
- If the Ethernet connection on your Mac stopped working recently
- ClamXav (35:30)
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
- PlainText 2 (38:44)
- How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes (40:11)
- iTunes Gift Card Deals (52:29)
- iCloud Drive FAQ (58:49)
- iCloud Service Status
- Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings (1:08:46)
- iCloud storage and backup overview
- Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad (footnote mentions items that may interfere with fingerprint recognition)
- MacBook Pro Support - Wireless (1:16:41)
- Move your content to a new Mac (1:23:06)
- Time Machine: How to transfer backups from a current backup drive to a new backup drive
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.